Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Wish Me Luck

We love Owen's babysitter. We found her through Wee Watch, and she's perfect. She's got three wonderful school-age kids of her own, and Owen adores her. I'm constantly amazed at the stuff she manages to do with the kids - baking, crafts, workbooks. The one downside to home daycare is that if she or her kids are sick, things get a little dicey. Wee Watch does offer backup homecare with another provider, but it would be someone Owen's not familiar with, and kids he doesn't know. Since Steve's mom wasn't working, we just had a Grandma Day whenever this happened. (Not sure how this will work when Steve and I are both back to work this fall, as Steve's mom has started working again....)

Owen is still going to Patty's on Tuesdays and Thursdays, partly to keep him in a schedule, and partly so that Jake gets some quality one-on-one Mommy time. On Thursday mornings, Jake and I go to Babytime at the library. Lots of fun. We tried doing the Tales for Twos program at the library for Owen, and it didn't work. He had no interest in sitting still, or being quiet, or even paying the remotest amount of attention. After wrestling with him for four weeks and only making it through the class once, I gave up.

Patty's kids have the flu. Owen wasn't able to go yesterday, and he probably won't be able to go tomorrow. I'm going to attempt to bring him to Baby Time, and hope that he cooperates. I've been billing it as a Baby Party, since he LOVES babies, and not as Library Time, since he has negative associations with library class. (Luckily, his class was at a different branch, so I have some hope.) Other moms have brought their toddlers on occasion - they sit quietly and help their sibling participate. I don't expect Owen to be quiet, but I do hope we don't have to leave early. Wish me luck tomorrow!

No comments: