Thursday, February 26, 2009

Holy Cars!

Okay, Owen was SO WELL BEHAVED! He was so great at the "Baby Party" (did I mention that was how I was billing Babytime? It definitely worked.) He helped Jake get one of the rhythm shakers, and charmed everyone during one of the songs when, during the line "climb a ladder oh so high" he ran over to a poster with a picture of a ladder and pretended to climb! He listened nicely to the story, told the presenter Jen "I love that song!" when we sang My Little Red Wagon, and then even shared his toy cars and played very nicely with another toddler brother during the playtime at the end of the class.

Wow. Mommy was heavy with the praise, you'd better believe it! He did so well, I decided to push our luck. Usually on Thursdays after this class, Jake and I head over to the indoor track at the Waterloo Rec Centre for some running with some other toddler-free girlfriends and their little guys. I loaded up the boys in the jogging stroller, Owen in the jumpseat*, and, armed with the Fisher Price DVD player and the movie Cars, off we went. Jake took a while to settle down, he's got a nasty cold with congestion and horrible runny nose, but again, Owen was a dream. He watched the zamboni clean the ice ("Look at that zamboni GO, Mommy!") and then watched his movie, ate some crackers, and was extremely well behaved.

Maybe it's because he's still got some of his cold, he's just not feeling himself, or maybe it's because he's finally starting to mature, or maybe it's the cough syrup. Whatever it was, I'm recording the memory here, where I can read it in future days when he's less of a dream-guy. Thank you Owen for being such a good boy for Mommy today! I'm very proud of you.

* Yes, this is my stroller, only ours is black and red. The whole reason we bought it was for the ability to add the jumpseat to make it a double. It's been a dream, and I HIGHLY recommend it!

No comments: