Friday, February 20, 2009

Friday's List of Ten V

Ten things in my family room that should not be:

10. Clothes. My family of nudists like to disrobe in front of the TV.

9. Dishes. In spite of my best efforts, Daddy insists on eating on the couch. And Owen must monkey-see monkey-do.

8. Fridge magnets. Owen has discovered that they stick to the fireplace.

7. Owen's stroller. Not the one the boys ride in, technically I guess it's his doll Sprouty's stroller. But it was outside and has dirty wheels. Daddy didn't seem to think this was an issue when Owen asked to bring it in. Mommy wasn't around when it happened. Daddy will be cleaning the carpet.

6. Step ladder. Steve replaced a lightbulb. Steve is finished a job when it has been completed, not when all materials necessary have been cleaned up/put away. The ladder will be there until I move it, or he needs it elsewhere. (Good thing I love that man!)

5. A single, forgotten Christmas ornament. (Hmm, that reminds me, the mistletoe is still hanging in the front hall. Maybe that ladder will be getting out of here sooner than I thought!)

4. Teacher stuff. Steve has an office, but he likes to mark in front of the TV.

3. Nail stuff. Not that my nails are even worth manicuring these days, but should they magically grow over the course of a commercial break, I am ready to polish them up!

2. Too many ugly candles. We had a power outage a few weeks ago, and took the opportunity to light a bunch of candles that don't usually see the outside of a closet. Why are they still on the mantle? Why??

1. Me. Why am I not in bed? After a week of sickness and not enough sleep, you'd think I'd crash, but it's nice to have some quiet me-time, even if I am exhausted. Plus, I love you internets so much, I couldn't skip another List of Ten, so you benefit. But that's it, I'm going. G'night!

No comments: