Tuesday, March 03, 2009

I say a little prayer for you

One of Owen's little friends is in the hospital with pneumonia (ask me how awful I'm feeling about making that "walking pneumonia" crack about myself a few weeks back!) Please keep little Abby in your prayers. She's stable, but had a few complications so she was moved from Kitchener to London at the beginning of this week, where they're trying a new enzyme treatment that seems to be helping. She's already undergone one surgery, poor little tyke, and if this enzyme treatment helps, she won't have to have another.

Please keep Abby's wonderful mom Kristyn in your thoughts as well. Kristyn is pregnant, in a strange town, and while she has her mom at her side, due to extenuating circumstances she doesn't have her husband there, which must be tough. And while we're at it, please also think of poor Abby's dad, who can't be there for her. I can't imagine anything more horrible than not being able to be with one of the boys if they were sick.

I know you people are out there reading this, even if you're not commenting, and I know most of you are parents. When you hug your own little ones today and count your blessings, please send an extra prayer for Abby's continued improvement and health. We hope she and Owen can play together again soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awe, how heartbreaking. I dont know if I am just super emotional cause I am back to work now and am missing my boys, but this story makes me weep. I'll say many prayers for Abby, Kristyn and dad.
Why a surgery? I had no idea that they needed to do surgery for pneumonia.

Cari said...

Hi Angie, the surgery was to insert a chest tube to help drain the pus and other fluid from around her lungs. She actually did have to have a second surgery, as there was more stuff than the current treatment could get at, but she's continuing to improve. Thanks so much for your prayers!