Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Eight, Nine, Ten

That was going to be the title of the post, referring to the 8K race I was training for, Owen turning 9 months old, and me being off work for 10 months. But then Owen got really sick, and I haven't updated in a while, and now he's nearly 10 months old! We also ran out of space on our old computer (7 year old laptop, lots of games and pictures, not a lot of harddrive room.) We finally bought our new computer on the weekend, and I'll be able to upload pics and, more importantly, videos again!

Owen had the flu, poor baby was throwing up and having very yucky diapers for nearly a week. Although, I have to say that he was very considerate, only throwing up on me, not on the carpet or in his crib. He would wait until I picked him up, and then BLEAH, all over Mommy. Even with all of that, I didn't get sick. Poor Papa did, but I was spared.

But, he's all better now, and back to his regular Cheeri-O self. He's crazy with the crawling, into everything, and he's FAST. Even with his crazy one-knee-one-foot crawl he does on the ceramic tile (doesn't get enough traction with two knees on the hard surface). I have to post these adorable pictures I got of him standing at the baby gate:

Owen got sick right before my big run, and I didn't run for nearly two weeks while waiting to be sure he was better. I did get back into workout mode the week before, and it was enough. I was very proud of myself, my goal was to finish in under an hour, and I did it in just under 55 minutes. My friend Kristyn ran her first race ever, she did the 3K, in about 22 minutes. AND she did it pushing her daughter Abby in the stroller the whole way! I run with Owen during the week, but he waited with Papa while I ran. I am so proud of Kristyn, she's only been running since November, and now she's talking about doing a 5K! Getting out there and just doing it is a big part of running - there's a huge mental aspect that you just have to get around, and she's totally done it. :)

And as for nine months old and ten months off work, well, they're not relevant anymore, so moving on to the next post! :)

No comments: