Sunday, February 11, 2007

It's a Toof!

Well, now I know why Owen has been such a drooly baby the last few days! And why he hasn't slept well the past two nights. He's got a tooth that is just about to break through! It's on the bottom, his front left. I can see two little bumps, and he's been very irritated by it today, gnawing on everything he can get his little hands on. (The strap of Mommy's diaper bag, Mommy's jeans, Mommy's finger.) I got my hair cut yesterday, so there's no more ponytail for him to snack on, much to his dismay.

He's been so into trying to pick up every tiny little thing fluff off the carpet and put it in his mouth (the bane of light-coloured carpet - I vaccum in the morning, and there's still fluff by evening!) so I bought him some little snacking puffs. They're Gerber Graduates, tiny star-shaped rice puffs (I got the sweet potato flavour). They just melt in your mouth, so even though they say they're for 12 months and up, Owen's doing just fine with them (I watch him very closely, but he drools so much, they're practically melted in his hand before they even get into his mouth!) Anyway, Steve's decided that since he's now eating "chewable" food, that's why this tooth decided to put in an appearance.

Of course, it's not a tooth yet, it's still just two little bumps - I can't feel it with my finger yet either. But it's there, just below the surface, and that means that someday soon, our little guy won't be giving me gummy grins anymore - he'll be sharing snaggletooth smiles! Sniff, he's growing up! :)

No comments: